Friday 23 December 2011

There is No Border Here

I tried very hard to cut the sky in half, one for my lover and one for me, but the sky kept moving and clouds from his territory came into mine. I tried pushing it away with both my hands, harder and harder but the sky kept moving and clouds from my territory went into his. I brought a sofa and placed it in the middle, but the clouds kept floating over it. I built a wall in the middle, but the sky started to flow through it. I dug a trench, and then it rained and the sky made clouds over the trench. I tried very hard to cut.

Tidak Ada Batas Di Sini, adalah karya Shilpa Gupta dengan menggunakan selotip dan mengandung sebuah pesan langsung: "bendera" seharusnya menjadi pembawa pesan kebebasan, kini justru membatasinya. Teks di bendera merupakan pengalaman intim personal - 'Aku dan Kekasihku', kata-kata yang mengingatkan kita pada gambaran perang dan konflik-- 'teritori dinding dan pagar'. Gupta melihat 'perbatasan' sebagai batas geo-politis yang ada di antara negara dan juga batas antara orang-orang dan komunitas, memori personal dan sejarah.
[BIENNALE JOGJA XI - EQUATOR #1]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...